IntelliRope® PE 4.5
Excellent for both permanent and portable situations because PE filaments resist wear and abrasion. Excellent built-in elasticity. This 4.5mm version is less weight, lower cost and better for short-term fences.
Identical to IntelliRope® PE 6.0 except it has fewer polyethylene (PE) monofilaments.
- 10 years probable life*
- Use for: Permanent & portable fences
- Color: White/black/white
- Size: 4.5mm (3/16") diameter
- Portability: Very good
- Conductivity: 41 ohms per 1000 ft (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Very good
- Type of conductive filaments: Tinned copper & stainless steel—makes this 400 times more conductive than stainless steel polywires
- Number of conductive filaments: 3 tinned copper & 3 stainless steel
- Ability to be seen by animals: Good
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyethylene
- Ability to resist mildew: Very good
- Breaking strength: 750 lbs
- Attach a terminal insulator to end post.
- Tie end of the rope to terminal insulator.
- Unroll rope along the fence line. (Using Premier's reels makes this easier.)
- Insert line posts.
- Insert rope in the line posts at the right height(s) for your animals.
- Attach insulators (preferably Notched PI 21n) to corner and end posts.
- Tie rope to terminal insulator and spring at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or use a RopeLink
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store rope. EzeReels™ can be set on the ground next to fence. MiniReels™ are best hung from the fence.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer. Check to make sure voltage is over 2000V.
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 1-strand fence—34"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—48", 24"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Kathryn P from Texas
Super easy to use. We strapped the Eze Reel to the tailgate of our Ranger and unroll and rewind the IntelliRope easily. Love the IntelliRope!
Ginger S from Michigan
I use this fence for rotational grazing cattle, dairy & meat goats and feeder hogs. The rope is visible, durable and conducts well. It is easy to re-spool. (I use garden hose carts which are lightweight and easy to roll around.) I find it doesn’t stretch much once I get it pulled tight. I’ve started using the springs and connectors from this company and in combination — works really well. We have switched over all of our line over the last 3 years and I am quite happy. Worth the price since it holds up well, even where I have it up year round.
Robert B from Illinois
Cheryl & John V from Illinois
Intellirope is very easy to use. We can put up a fence in about a third of the time it used to take us. Once the cows/calves see the rope they respect the perimeter.
Premier is an excellent supplier our orders usually arrives within one day of ordering. We get all of our fencing supplies from Premier.
Ginger S from Northern Michigan
We use this for our temporary rotation pens and find it easy to handle and durable. A single strand holds our small herd of a dozen including our bull. A three strand pen held our bull all spring with the cows a mere 300 feet away. Conducts well and reliably and is visible and strong.