- 25 years probable life
- white/black/white color
- 6mm (1/4") diameter
- Very good visible
- Fair portability
- 41 ohms per 1000 ft
- 1800 lb breaking strength
- Polyester--more resistant to ultraviolet light
- 3 tinned copper and 3 stainless steel filaments are intertwined
- Attach a terminal insulator to end post.
- Tie end of rope to terminal insulator.
- Unroll rope along the fence line.
- Insert line posts.
- Insert rope in the line posts at the right height(s) for your animals.
- Attach insulators (preferably notched PI 21n, see accessories tab above) to corner and end posts.
- Tie rope to terminal insulator and spring at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or use a RopeLink 2.0. (Note: If the run of the fence is 1000' or more, use a P-Spring at both ends of the fence instead of 1 end.)
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store rope.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer. Check to make sure voltage is over 2000 volts.
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 1-strand fence—34"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—48", 24"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
- For Deer:
- 5-strand fence—50", 40", 30", 20", 10"
- 2-strand fence—48", 30"
- 3-D fence—inside: 48", 18"; outside: 34"
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
I had one strand of Endurasoft tied to a 6ft T-post. Long story but the Endurasoft got pulled hard enough to snap the T-post clean off where it entered the ground without any damage to the rope. It hasn't been up long enough to see how it holds up to our winters, but everyone who sees it loves it. So soft but really carries the electric well.
Seems to work.
Seth W from Nebraska
Fantastic product! Originally bought Endurasoft 5 years ago for our first horse pasture - when we added a second pasture this spring, we didn't even consider another product. Our original fence from 5 years ago still looks brand-new and we've had no issues with it (we've had trees fall on it - other than the post connector breaking, the fence line itself held). Very easy to install. We use 3 strands and the horses have never had an issue with it - the black/white visibility is great during the cold winter months and very easy to see in the summer too. Will continue to purchase in the future.
Peter D from CA
Very soft rope, easy to handle.
Rather low twist on the strands, so that some nodes form when one strand twists up on the other two.
Durability is TBD.
Susan S from Prince Edward Island/Manitoba
I have used this product in both locations, it stood up really well to the extreme cold and hot temps. in Manitoba. I use three strands for my horses and it is visible and so far no escapes OR injuries. I used electrobraid until I found this product but this is much nicer to use and install just hope it will last as long.