- Medium (10 to 14 gauge)
- Barbed (12.5 gauge)
How to Use
- Insert one wire into each end of Gripple. (The wire goes into large hole and comes out the blue hole at other end.)
- To tighten, for best results use Gripple Tensioning Tool and follow instructions with tool.
- To change or remove Gripple, release the holding mechanism by inserting a small nail into tiny hole above large hole.
- Cut the wire close to the barb so that you have at least a 2" tail of wire to push into the Gripple.
- Insert both twisted wires of one side of the splice into the large hole of the Gripple until the wire comes out of the other end.
- Insert the other portion to be spliced into the opposite end of the gripple until the wire comes out the other end.
- Stretch the wire to the desired strain.
Use a Gripple Tensioning Tool to achieve desired level of tension.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Michael H from MD
Great idea but the application tool needs design perfecting. The application tool needs to grip the gripple when tightening wire otherwise it travels away from the tool and one cannot tighten the wire without holding the gripple in place with a third hand!
Once in place it is a neat substitute for the bulky ratchet tighteners.
Perfect for my trellis. Amazingly simple and easy design that worked excellent for my trellis. This is one of the only places I found where you can buy them individually so perfect for the home micro vineyardist.