IntelliRope® PE 4.5
- 10 years probable life*
- Use for: Permanent & portable fences
- Color: White/black/white
- Size: 4.5mm (3/16") diameter
- Portability: Very good
- Conductivity: 41 ohms per 1000 ft (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Very good
- Type of conductive filaments: Tinned copper & stainless steel—makes this 400 times more conductive than stainless steel polywires
- Number of conductive filaments: 3 tinned copper & 3 stainless steel
- Ability to be seen by animals: Good
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyethylene
- Ability to resist mildew: Very good
- Breaking strength: 750 lbs
- Attach a terminal insulator to end post.
- Tie end of the rope to terminal insulator.
- Unroll rope along the fence line. (Using Premier's reels makes this easier.)
- Insert line posts.
- Insert rope in the line posts at the right height(s) for your animals.
- Attach insulators (preferably Notched PI 21n) to corner and end posts.
- Tie rope to terminal insulator and spring at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or use a RopeLink 2.0.
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store rope. EzeReels™ can be set on the ground next to fence. MiniReels are best hung from the fence.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer. Check to make sure voltage is over 2000 volts.
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 1-strand fence—34"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—48", 24"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Woody W from Catskills, New York
I've tried just about every fencing alternative Premier offers, and I definitely prefer rope conductors for the ease of working with them and for visibility.I have found no difference in durability between the rope alternatives. This one tends to be just a little stiff and to kink if you have a lot of it off the reel.
Roger W from texas
We are very Satisfied with the Intellirope PE 4.5 & It is doing avery Great Job.
Timothy A from North Carolina
Works very well.
James D from Ohio
First time with IntelliRope. Worked very well. Previously, only used IntelliTape, which I had used exclusively. Put up an extension of a pasture for horse, near the road. Used a combination of 2 board, 1 IntelliTape between the boards, and 1 IntelliRope above the top board primarily to limit or stop the horses from cribbing. So far, so good. Had serveral compliments on how it looked coming into the farm.
Allen F from NC
I like the rope, it conducts well and is lightweight. Perfect for rotational grazing. Just be forewarned that 660' does not fit well on the EZ reel as they recommend. While it fits when carefully wound when in the field it is hard to get it tight and straight and falls off the edge of the reel when full. I'd just put less rope on the reel or use a smaller diameter rope.