IntelliRope® PE 6.0
- 10 years probable life*
- Use for: Permanent & portable fences
- Color: White/black/white
- Size: 6mm (1/4") diameter
- Portability: Good
- Conductivity: 41 ohms per 1000 ft (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Very good
- Type of conductive filaments: Tinned copper & stainless steel—makes this 400 times more conductive than stainless steel polywires
- Number of conductive filaments: 3 tinned copper & 3 stainless steel
- Ability to be seen by animals: Very good
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyethylene
- Ability to resist mildew: Very good
- Breaking strength: 1200 lbs
- Install wood end, corner and line posts.
- Attach insulators to posts.
- Attach rope to one end.
- Clip rope into insulators. Pull until the P Spring is 50% compressed. Terminate it.
- Connect ropes together electrically at one end with a piece of insulated wire.
- Install and connect the energizer. Voltage should be over 1500V.
- Note: If run is 1000' feet or longer, use a P Spring at both ends of the fence instead of 1 end.
- For Horses:
- 5 strands—60", 48", 36", 24", 12"
- 2 strands—48", 24"
- For Sheep/Goats:
- 5 strands—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- 3 strands—27", 15", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3 strands—40", 27", 15"
- 2 strands—34", 27"
- 1 strand—34"
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Mariann V from Michigan
Purchased this for permanent fencing in August 2018. Very happy with the quality and ease of installation. Fence has now been up for 2 winter’s. After initial stretch period, it has maintained tension. It is highly visible all year round. The horses definitely respect it, even when it’s not “hot”. Great quality for the price point! Ordering more to do additional fencing.
Paul L from Wisconsin
Fenced off about 8000 sq ft, garden. Too soon to tell if it works. Sure was simple to install. Set up a "3-D" fence for deer. Inside fence has a rope about knee high and one about 4ft high. Outside fence, which is three outside the inner fence just has one rope at knee high. Supposedly, this will confuse deer into thinking they would have a problem jumping this "3D" obstruction. Two weeks in, no deer inside perimeter, but also no crops yet to draw them in. Time will tell, but again simple easy to install.
Carl B from Ohio
I got it straight from Joel Salatin to buy the best... So for me there was no other choice and I am very pleased. I ran 3 rolls of 1320 feet by myself and was amazed that there were no tangles at all. My goats respect the fence and I am running a 2 wire setup. I also recommend getting the RopeLinks. They make the job easy to make connections.
Nic S from Georgia
Works great, once the goats touch it once they know that white rope will shock them so usually once or twice an they know that’s what got em.
Brenda H from Texas
I love this rope. It is easy to use for overnight camping with my horse and so easy to rewind.