- 1" wide
- 8.5" long without tension
- Stretches to 35 lb (half compressed)
- Stainless steel—so it won't rust
How to Use
- Attach one end of spring to a terminal insulator. (The P Spring will simply hook over some insulators; for others, you will need to tie the spring to insulators with rope or wire.)
- Attach conductor to other end of spring by taking the loose end of conductor and putting it through open end of spring.
- Pull conductor until spring is 1/3 to 1/2 compressed.
- Run conductor through the loop one more time and tie off.
- Whenever conductor becomes loose, repeat above steps.
However, if you don't have a helper to hold the tension on the rope, you may lose too much tension in the process of getting the RopeLink wrapped around the rope.
Solution: Attach the P Spring to the terminal insulator and loop the rope through it twice. Then pull the rope tight so the P Spring is FULLY compressed. When you get the RopeLink attached, you may have lost some of the tension on the rope, but the P Spring is half compressed just like it should be.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Rick C from Louisiana
Great product! I can run 1320 ft of 4.5 Intellirope and 1 Rachet and stays plenty tensioned if manually pull the tension before using the rachet.
At first I thought there was too much sag but I dint have my step in line post in. Once those were put in every 20 ft there is virtually no slack!
Very easy to attach and if needed simple to remove the long ulinks to install thru an insulator eye if need to.
Kim C from Maryland
These p-springs are just the thing to keep any rope fence tight. My longest run is 550' of Endurasoft and they have held up for 20+ years, even with ropes pulled down by tree damage from tornado. I have also used with other types of electric wire/tape when necessary with great success. Would not be without these to keep my fences tight!
Donna R from Ohio
What cool way to keep your polywire tight! These work great!
Steven B from Kentucky
They work great with the horse rope. I recomend a spring at the start and end of the rope.
Darlene B from Montana
I love these springs, makes putting up a fence so much easier.