Insulated, spring loaded gate handles used for entering and exiting temporary gate openings.
- Larger hand grips for a safer hold
- Black handle is most durable. White is most visible against grass
- Internal compression springs instead of expansion springs (prone to stretching)
Can be used with all low-tension conductors except for wide tape.
- 9.25"L (plastic handle measures 6")
- All metal parts are stainless steel—won't rust
- Made of UV stabilized polycarbonate, which is less likely to break than polypropylene handles
- Turn off the energizer.
- Attach SafeHandle to conductor by inserting it into the eyelet end of handle. Then, either tie a knot in the conductor or use a RopeLink to attach conductor to handle.
- Place the hook end into activator (either a wood-post activator or steel T post activator).
- Make the electrical connection to the activator with insulated wire.
See downloadable electrified gate diagram above.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
These are the best handles for electric fence that I have found. Everything I find at the local stores are cheaply made. Break easy and some of them rust on the hooks. We have several cross fences and I have the blacks ones on all my gates.
John M from Colorado
I have these and a few similar handles from my local store that I got for about the same price. The difference is amazing. These are heavy duty and will last many years. The ones I got at my local store are flimsy and won't last more than a few years. Mostly because the hook and loop ends are not very strong.
grant n from Minnesota
I use gates in my pasture subdivision fence. Occasionally, the cheaper quality gate handles will allow electricity through the protective coating and shock me.
Safehandles do not let electricity through, ever. I like having that confidence when I grab the handle.
Jeff D P from Oregon
Pretty good all around handle with very stout hooks. I still wish they made some without the internal spring but as far as spring loaded handles these are probably the toughest you will find. You won't bend the metal hooks unless you really try. In sub zero temps we do crack a few by repeatedly throwing them out of the way or by running over them with an ATV but some electric tape extends their life if you aren't adventurous enough to try and grab them where there are no cracks when hooking them back up to hot :-) We also like the different colors so we can have the White, Black, or Blue gate for discussion with other ranch team members. We try to use different colors for different gates in a general area to facilitate strategy discussions.
Tom P from Md
Love these handles! They take some abuse and hold up well.