Premier 4000s Shearing Machine
Has a high torque, rare-earth, permanent magnet 110 volt motor that glides through dense wool and hair.
Only the most-experienced shearers can push it fast enough to cause it to lose cutter speed.
Premier 4000s Packages include:
- Premier 4000s Shear
- Spirit or Phantom R Comb
- 4 point Spitfire Cutter
- 4 oz bottle of oil
- Instruction manual
- Blocking show sheep
- Shearing smaller flocks
- Shearing fiber goats
- Peeling and blocking beef & dairy cattle
- Shearing alpacas and llamas
Use with our combs and cutters.
- 110 volt.
- Quieter. Less motor "whine", kind to your ears and less likely to upset animals.
- Permanent rare-earth magnet motor enable more torque (power) and require less space and weight than ordinary motors.Less heat is produced by the permanent magnet motor and the fan forces air forward through our heads- so the heads run 20 degrees F cooler.
- Up to 20% shorter in length than other motors.
- Weighs up to 15% less than other motors.
- Smaller grip than other motors.
- Sleek, low profile head design (sharp visual look that catches your eye and impresses observers).
- Internal roller bearings instead of bushings (less heat, less wear and greater longevity).
- Suspended fork system (reduces risk of stripping the gear drive or breaking comb teeth).
- No cutter retainer or retaining spring (both caused hassles and broke too readily).
- Improved tensioning concept (spring clip is more effective at retaining tension than cupped washers).
- No more black plastic sides (these were prone to falling off and frustrating users).
- Only 3 minutes to change a shear head to clipper head.
- Motor has a 16 ft electrical cord.
Failure to oil as often as recommended may lead to excess heat and premature wear and tear.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Joe C from Texas
Worked great, did 6 ewes one morning without getting hot. 4 rams the next morning no problems.
Hormuz E from New York
Giving 5 as not used much. Used on 2 of my lambs, worked good. Planning to use on more. Hopefully will last as per the reviews of other buyers.
Daniel M from Florida
4th time shearing Angora goats, first time with the Premier. We were using a Clipmaster with the Premier brand mohair blade, then doing second cut/cleanup with the Premier with the PhantomR 20 tooth comb. After following the instructions to oil the Premier frequently and finding the "sweet spot" in tensioning, the Premier out-performed the Clipmaster. The premier did run cooler and was better ergonomically. In the coats that were dirtier/more coarse, the 20 tooth comb was much easier/faster than the mohair comb. On day two of shearing, only used the Premier and switched out to the ceramic cutters...again had to find that tensioning sweet spot, but once that was done, it was smooth sailing! Very impressed with the performance of the Premier! Make sure to READ the directions of oiling blades every 3 minutes (not as inconvenient as you would think), and oil the motor every 15 min for peak performance.
Clinton M from MN
Never sheared by myself before, I've only seen it done. I figured it'd be easier to do myself then to keep trying to pull teeth to get someone to come out and shear my small herd. Works great with the ceramic cutter, practice definitely makes perfect but look forward to many more years of use.
Fantastic! Solid and easy to adjust. I paired this with the Heingar mohair blade for my goats. Made easy work of their sometimes difficult hair. It did get hot very quickly and I had to stop often to oil. If I had figured out the proper tension earlier in the shearing, it probably would have helped with the heat issue. A more experienced shearer would not have taken as long as I did anyway!