ElectroFence® & ElectroFence® Plus 11/48/12 Electric Netting
It's also available as a Pos/Neg fence for dry, sandy or rocky conditions. Ideal for situations when there is too little moisture in the soil to properly ground the fence.
- Keeps in sheep, goats, pigs and cattle. Keeps out coyotes, dogs and bears.
- Sites with installation problems for permanent wire fences (hills, rocks, dips, curves, trees, no machine access).
- Boundary fences for ponds, orchards, forestry plantations, gardens, cropland.
- Boundary fences on leased land. It's easy to remove when the lease ends.
- Interim boundary fence until a permanent wire fence is installed.
- To protect stored hay or grain supplies.
- Sites with soils that shift due to frost or water-table changes and therefore are difficult to maintain high wire tensions.
Compared to PermaNetSimilar
- The same in all other respects (post size, post spacing, height and conductivity).
- An extra "live" horizontal strand.
- Lowest live strand is only 4" above the soil (vs. 6" for PermaNet).
- Verticals every 12" (vs. 6").
- Strutted verticals instead of string. Less likely to sag between posts.
ElectroFence® 11/48/12 Comparison Chart
|ElectroFence® 11/48/12||ElectroFence® Plus 11/48/12|
|Premium Superconductor||38 Ω||38 Ω|
|Single Spike (SS) Line Posts||✓|
|Double Spike (DS) Line Posts||✓||✓|
|Pos/Neg (PN) for dry soils||✓|
|Distance Between Line Posts||12'5"||6'8"|
|Spike Length/Diameter||8"/0.31" (SS) and 7"/0.31" (DS)||7"/0.31"|
|Roll Length||50' or 100'||50 or 100'|
To InstallThe same “unroll and then unfold” process applies to all electrified nets. Minimal strength or skill needed (and no tools). Extra supports such as FiberTuff™ step-in posts are useful at corners, curves and ends. You will need a fence energizer to electrify the net.
Weeds must be controlled for ElectroFence to remain effective. Either move and mow as needed during the growing season, or spray herbicide along the bottom strand to kill the vegetation. If you can’t do this, ElectroFence may not be the right fence for you.
FREE shipping on qualified orders over $100!
How To Purchase
- Measure the fence line.
- Choose the length and the amount of netting needed. (Example: For a 140 ft fence line, order one 100 ft net and one 50 ft net.
- Choose support posts for corners, curves and ends.
- Select an energizer, ground rod and a fence tester.
We offer many fences to fit your situation, including different heights and lengths, multiple colors, drivable posts and positive/negative options for dry soils. Questions? Call our fence consultants at
Electric NettingItem #204515 -$186.00
Electric NettingItem #204520 -$213.00
Electric NettingItem #204521 -$164.00
Energizer KitsItem #113300 -
Solar powered 0.60 joule energizer used with electric fences to contain sheep, goats, poultry, swine, cattle and horses. Effective against predators.$285.00
Posts and Accessories
NetPost 19/48/SS (white) - For: PermaNet 10/48/6, PermaNet 12/48/3, ElectroFence 11/48/12 or PermaNet Plus 12/48/3Item #206501 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting. Designs for each type of net, double or single spike.$3.60
Posts and Accessories
NetPost 19/48/DS (white) - For: PermaNet 10/48/6, PermaNet & Plus 12/48/3, Horse and Cattle QF 4/48/24 or ElectroFence & Plus 11/48/12Item #207046 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting. Designs for each type of net, double or single spike.$3.80
Fence Connectors and Accessories
Repair Kit for Bear QuikFence, ElectroFence & Plus, ElectroNet (DP), ElectroStop (DP), PermaNet, Plus & Pro, PoultryNet (DP) & VersaNet 60Item #201730 -
A handy repair kit that includes all of the essentials to patch tears and holes in electric net fences.$2.00
Electric fence is a pain barrier, not a physical barrier. A common mistake is not electrifying it. Animals may escape or become entangled (and may die). On a % basis, entanglement is very rare, but it can and does occur. If animals are scared or starved it will not keep them in. The first time you put the animals in the net, you should be available to watch them for a while. That way if one were to get into the fence and get caught, you can turn the power off and get them loose.
Warning! Due to risk of fire, do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting or electro-plastic conductors such as rope, twine or tape. Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier’s website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing. Ice and heavy snow can flatten netting and thereby damage it.
Dry or frozen ground may cause post spikes to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed. We recommend using drivable or single spike posts in hard soils. Double spike posts provide more stability when the ground is soft.