- 25 years probable life*
- Use for: Permanent fences
- Color: White/black/white
- Size: 6mm (1/4") diameter
- Portability: Fair
- Conductivity: 41 ohms per 1000 ft (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Very good
- Type of conductive filaments: Tinned copper & stainless steel—makes this 400 times more conductive than stainless steel polywires
- Number of conductive filaments: 3 tinned copper & 3 stainless steel
- Ability to be seen by animals: Very good
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyester—more resistant to ultraviolet light
- Ability to resist mildew: Fair
- Breaking strength: 1800 lbs
- Attach a terminal insulator to end post.
- Tie end of rope to terminal insulator.
- Unroll rope along the fence line.
- Insert line posts.
- Insert rope in the line posts at the right height(s) for your animals.
- Attach insulators (preferably notched PI 21n) to corner and end posts.
- Tie rope to terminal insulator and spring at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or use a RopeLink. (Note: If the run of the fence is 1000' or more, use a P Spring at both ends of the fence instead of 1 end.)
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store rope.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer. Check to make sure voltage is over 2000V.
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 1-strand fence—34"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—48", 24"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
- For Deer:
- 5-strand fence—50", 40", 30", 20", 10"
- 2-strand fence—48", 30"
- 3-D fence—inside: 48", 18"; outside: 34"
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Seth W from Nebraska
Fantastic product! Originally bought Endurasoft 5 years ago for our first horse pasture - when we added a second pasture this spring, we didn't even consider another product. Our original fence from 5 years ago still looks brand-new and we've had no issues with it (we've had trees fall on it - other than the post connector breaking, the fence line itself held). Very easy to install. We use 3 strands and the horses have never had an issue with it - the black/white visibility is great during the cold winter months and very easy to see in the summer too. Will continue to purchase in the future.
Peter D from CA
Very soft rope, easy to handle.
Rather low twist on the strands, so that some nodes form when one strand twists up on the other two.
Durability is TBD.
Susan S from Prince Edward Island/Manitoba
I have used this product in both locations, it stood up really well to the extreme cold and hot temps. in Manitoba. I use three strands for my horses and it is visible and so far no escapes OR injuries. I used electrobraid until I found this product but this is much nicer to use and install just hope it will last as long.
Debra C from Indiana
We just built permanemt fencing for our horses and love the Endurasoft. Easy to handle, easy to see, soft to the touch. We tied knots on the ends to stop the tendency to unravel. We have a lot of deer that come through and needed something resilient as well as a good shock deterrent for coyotes to protect our miniature horses. Love it!
Jeannine E from Virginia
Well, it sure as heck is not electrobraid. A bit slippery (fasteners do not want o stay put. Be sure to buy some of those corkscrew pigtails. Helps immensely),
But, all that being said, the price is decent and boy, it sure can hold a charge. We'll see how long it lasts, but for the price I think it is going to be good.
Side note is I have fanced my entire pasture with this and electrobraid, pulling down high tensile I have horses). I could not be more pleased with that as a fencing solution. The horses totally respect it (with a good charger and good grounding, this thing pack a huge wallop) and you do not have to worry about storms or trees. I even had a tree fall on mine and the repair was painless and cost me nothing extra.
High;y recommended fencing solution.