IntelliRope® PE 6.0
- 10 years probable life*
- Use for: Permanent & portable fences
- Color: White/black/white
- Size: 6mm (1/4") diameter
- Portability: Good
- Conductivity: 41 ohms per 1000 ft (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Very good
- Type of conductive filaments: Tinned copper & stainless steel—makes this 400 times more conductive than stainless steel polywires
- Number of conductive filaments: 3 tinned copper & 3 stainless steel
- Ability to be seen by animals: Very good
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyethylene
- Ability to resist mildew: Very good
- Breaking strength: 1200 lbs
- Install wood end, corner and line posts.
- Attach insulators to posts.
- Attach rope to one end.
- Clip rope into insulators. Pull until the P Spring is 50% compressed. Terminate it.
- Connect ropes together electrically at one end with a piece of insulated wire.
- Install and connect the energizer. Voltage should be over 1500V.
- Note: If run is 1000' feet or longer, use a P Spring at both ends of the fence instead of 1 end.
- For Horses:
- 5 strands—60", 48", 36", 24", 12"
- 2 strands—48", 24"
- For Sheep/Goats:
- 5 strands—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- 3 strands—27", 15", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3 strands—40", 27", 15"
- 2 strands—34", 27"
- 1 strand—34"
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Lynn W from New York
Works very well. Thank you!
Gail C from Kentucky
I purchased this product to divide a large field into several paddocks for my horses. It was simple to install and I was able to get it nice and tight without any special tools or a lot of strength. It’s been up for a couple of weeks now, horses respect it and it is safe for them. I expect that this will last at least several years, I was pleasantly surprised by how well made/durable it seems to be. Would recommend and purchase again.
Marilyn B from Oregon
IntelliRope 6 is not only stout, it withstands animals running through it occasionally! It's heavy enough to be strong, the black AND white make it easy for the animals (cattle and horses) to see it in both snow conditions and against a grass/soil background (some competitors have orange/white. Not sure animals see orange as well as the black). I've used it for YEARS for cattle and horses.
Kim T from Tennessee
This electric rope is very easy to string and we finished roping off a new pasture in just a few hours. Our animals respect it and we never worry about it not carrying a charge. We've had a tree and a deer hit the rope and knock it down. No damage done to the rope at all and we put it right back up. It's easy to see and shows at night too. This is much better rope than what they sell in our local feed store.
Cory A from Colorado
Fast and easy to use. Seems to hold up well.