IntelliRope® PE 6.0
An effective electrified conductor for 3D anti-deer fences.
- 10 years probable life*
- Use for: Permanent and portable fences
- Color: White/black/white
- Size: 6mm (1/4") diameter
- Portability: Good
- Conductivity: 41 ohms per 1000 ft (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Very good
- Type of conductive filaments: Tinned copper & stainless steel—makes this 400 times more conductive than stainless steel polywires
- Number of conductive filaments: 3 tinned copper & 3 stainless steel
- Ability to be seen by animals: Very good
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyethylene
- Ability to resist mildew: Very good
- Breaking strength: 1200 lbs
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
- Install wood end, corner and line posts.
- Attach insulators to posts.
- Attach rope to one end.
- Clip rope into insulators. Pull until the P Spring is 50% compressed. Terminate it.
- Connect ropes together electrically at one end with a piece of insulated wire.
- Install and connect the energizer. Voltage should be over 1500V.
- Note: If run is 1000' feet or longer, use a P Spring at both ends of the fence instead of 1 end.
- For Horses:
- 5 strands—60", 48", 36", 24", 12"
- 2 strands—48", 24"
- For Sheep/Goats:
- 5 strands—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- 3 strands—27", 15", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3 strands—40", 27", 15"
- 2 strands—34", 27"
- 1 strand—34"
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Mariann V from Michigan
I read previous reviews and did a lot of research on different kinds and brands of fencing before I decided to purchase this product. The quality for the value is why I bought 3 rolls of 1320sqft, in total, of IntelliRope PE 6.0. We Put up two rolls in August of 2018. It made it through the winter beautifully. It is very functional, the horses definitely see it and it is aesthetically pleasing. It was easy to work with and put up. And a bonus is that shipping was speedy! Great product!
John A from New York
Had a young horse get scared and run through it. Took the t-post right out of the ground but did not brake the rope and did not hurt the horse. Have my whole pasture done in 6-mm rope now. Great stuff!
Thelma S from Ohio
My neighbor's alcoholic son drove through my beautiful high-tensile fence four years ago, stopping only when he hit the foundation stone of the corn crib on my historic barn. He managed to tear up all the wood posts, and ruin the fence in the process. Over time the fencing along the creek was destroyed as well because I was never able to repair it to its original state. I had thought I would put in a proper wood horse fence and keep my smaller livestock out of the area, and then I stumbled on IntelliRope online. It was cheap (in comparison), I could use existing t-posts and insulators, although my local feed store's connectors and tighteners are not good enough--buy those from Premier when you buy your IntelliRope. I don't think it took two hours to re-string the entire pasture. I have had no problem with my horses and the deer apparently do not jump through it either. I only have two strands. I will be creating rotational grazing out of my bigger pasture whose fence has been ruined by deer and erosion of the creek bank, running first the horses and once I can get the grass short enough will run my goats in there to eat all the invasive autumn olive and multiflora rose that have grown in the few years I haven't use that pasture due to deerworm which is a serious issue in that pasture. I am a complete convert. I will be putting it in all my pastures and create more no-hassle temporary grazing areas. In the end, because it's so adaptable, the savings in feed will more than pay for the IntelliRope. I wish I'd known about this years ago. It is much better quality than the equivalent product our local corporate feed store, Tractor Supply, carries and cheaper.
Lynn W from New York
Works very well. Thank you!
Gail C from Kentucky
I purchased this product to divide a large field into several paddocks for my horses. It was simple to install and I was able to get it nice and tight without any special tools or a lot of strength. It’s been up for a couple of weeks now, horses respect it and it is safe for them. I expect that this will last at least several years, I was pleasantly surprised by how well made/durable it seems to be. Would recommend and purchase again.