IntelliRope® PE 6.0
- 10 years probable life*
- Use for: Permanent & portable fences
- Color: White/black/white
- Size: 6mm (1/4") diameter
- Portability: Good
- Conductivity: 41 ohms per 1000 ft (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Very good
- Type of conductive filaments: Tinned copper & stainless steel—makes this 400 times more conductive than stainless steel polywires
- Number of conductive filaments: 3 tinned copper & 3 stainless steel
- Ability to be seen by animals: Very good
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyethylene
- Ability to resist mildew: Very good
- Breaking strength: 1200 lbs
- Install wood end, corner and line posts.
- Attach insulators to posts.
- Attach rope to one end.
- Clip rope into insulators. Pull until the P Spring is 50% compressed. Terminate it.
- Connect ropes together electrically at one end with a piece of insulated wire.
- Install and connect the energizer. Voltage should be over 1500V.
- Note: If run is 1000' feet or longer, use a P Spring at both ends of the fence instead of 1 end.
- For Horses:
- 5 strands—60", 48", 36", 24", 12"
- 2 strands—48", 24"
- For Sheep/Goats:
- 5 strands—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- 3 strands—27", 15", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3 strands—40", 27", 15"
- 2 strands—34", 27"
- 1 strand—34"
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Mariann V from Michigan
Only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is that I just put the rope up and haven’t even moved the horses home yet. I’ll try to remember to revise it after some time has passed. That said, I purchased the Intellirope as it was the best quality at the most economical price. I was pleased at the quality of it once it arrived. It’s been easy to install. So far, I highly recommend it!
Valerie T from North Carolina
Fantastic product! I extended my pasture and decided to use this fencing again as what I have had for a year has held up beautifully. It is easy to string up and manage, holds a good charge and is highly visible. I fully recommend the IntelliRope!
Diane from Michigan
Like the product, however the only issue I've had is that the rolls were inconsistent in length. I bought 5 rolls and when I positioned my posts I used the first roll that I grabbed it happened to be the longest one by over 30 feet. This may not seem to big a deal but I ended up cutting down 3 trees that were now in the way.
Tim P from Ohio
I had some issues with this rope and breakage. Premier responded very promptly, offered several suggestions and likely causes. They also offered to analyze the broken sections of the rope when I got it out in the spring. Customer service is outstanding, and I have plan and no concerns about returning this rope to work in the spring.
Kim C from Maryland
Just ordered a new roll to make some repairs and build some new fence after tornado damage. This rope is great! Very versatile and portable for changing situations, and I actually use it as permanent fence with three or four strands uncharged for my two horses who do not challenge a fence. We put our existing fence up in 2000 and it is still going strong and is still very visible, showing very little wear or mildew. We also have Endurasoft and that has been excellent as well. Fence has not needed tightening since the first time after installation. We have it installed with p-springs. Premier is a great company.... their products really last way beyond what you can get at the farm supply stores.