IntelliRope® PE 6.0
- 10 years probable life*
- Use for: Permanent & portable fences
- Color: White/black/white
- Size: 6mm (1/4") diameter
- Portability: Good
- Conductivity: 41 ohms per 1000 ft (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Very good
- Type of conductive filaments: Tinned copper & stainless steel—makes this 400 times more conductive than stainless steel polywires
- Number of conductive filaments: 3 tinned copper & 3 stainless steel
- Ability to be seen by animals: Very good
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyethylene
- Ability to resist mildew: Very good
- Breaking strength: 1200 lbs
- Install wood end, corner and line posts.
- Attach insulators to posts.
- Attach rope to one end.
- Clip rope into insulators. Pull until the P Spring is 50% compressed. Terminate it.
- Connect ropes together electrically at one end with a piece of insulated wire.
- Install and connect the energizer. Voltage should be over 1500V.
- Note: If run is 1000' feet or longer, use a P Spring at both ends of the fence instead of 1 end.
- For Horses:
- 5 strands—60", 48", 36", 24", 12"
- 2 strands—48", 24"
- For Sheep/Goats:
- 5 strands—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- 3 strands—27", 15", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3 strands—40", 27", 15"
- 2 strands—34", 27"
- 1 strand—34"
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Joann M from SD
Excellent value, easy to install. I have used this, its thinner version, EnduraSoft & the SW tape. My favorite is one line of tape & 2 lines of this below the tape. Have had up for over 6 years with excellent results, very little wear. Easy to tighten! Excellent with SW tape on top for foals, they literally bounced off it with no injuries. We use around a high deer population, love the deer can see it & don't take it down like they do the cheap black/yellow ropes. Highly recommend!
Susan S from Prince Edward Island
Great product, I use it for cross fencing my paddocks and also for permanent pasture.
Christopher P from Maine
Up quick and easy. No experience with the stuff but I fenced off 1.5 acres in just a couple of hours. Has been up for a month and no escapes from a horse, llama and two goats. Works great and the visibility is perfect. The horse always knows it's there.
Kenrick W from PA
Use this rope for cross fencing within hi-tensile woven wire for rotation purposes with boer goats and where there is a common fence between where bucks may be; offset 8" from the hi-tensile woven wire. Bucks respect the offset wire, no more fighting between the hi-tensile. In the paddocks, run 2 strands on fiberglas posts attaching each end to a wood post (stays nice & taut); 1st strand ~12". Goats mostly repect the fence, some non-conformist (smaller goats) occasionally shimmy under it to the next paddock; goats eat underneath it so easy to maintain. Would NOT recommend this for a perimeter fence unless you use a 3rd strand, lower. Is installed basically permanently; no problems. Easy to work with, delivers adequate shock and highly visible.
Pamela T from Wisconsin
I purchased and installed this fencing in 2009. It was easy to work with and visible in all weather. I just installed another pasture area and perimiter fence this year and I will definitely be doing the same on our TN property! LOVE this fencing system!