Nice small size for lambs and kids.
Customize your tags! We can customize your tags with consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. Usually shipped within 2 business days.
How to order—see "Customization" below. If ordering "blank" tags, type "blank" in the Customization Instructions box in the shopping cart.
Not Scrapie Approved.
- 1.625" x .4375"
- 20 per package.
- Polyurethane. 2-piece tag.
- Larger and much more permanent than Qwik Tags.
- Tag colors in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, White, Spearmint, Salmon, Pink, Lime, Black, Blue, Fuchsia, Red, Green, Gray, Purple and Orange.
- Can be custom imprinted: 1) Consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. 2) Up to 2 lines of 13 characters per male/female side.
- Can also handwrite on them with a tag pen.
- Not Scrapie Approved.
Custom printing details…
- Order tags above.
- Determine imprint
- Numbers must be consecutive with or without repeating farm/ranch names. Up to 13 characters and 2 lines per side.
- Logos/Brands a one-time $15 setup fee per design.
- Imprint location - male side, female side or both. Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified.
- Enter tag numbers/letters either in the "Customization Instructions" box in the Shopping Cart or the "Comments" box on the Payment Options screen.
- Custom-imprinted tags are not returnable.
How do I order…
- Blank Tags—Enter package quantity of tags above and type "blank" in the Customization Instructions box in the shopping cart.
- Individual names, numbers or replacement tags—Specific animal names on each tag as well as individual numbers out of sequence can be done. But it takes much more machine time per tag so the cost per tag is $2.50/tag and please call Premier at 1-800-282-6631.
Note: You can also hand write numbers and letters on blank tags or supplemental data on already printed tags. Use our marking pens sold under "Accessories Tab" above.
How to Use
- The male and female tags will come to you slightly connected. You will need to tear them apart.
- Place the flag of the female tag under the metal spring finger. The printed side of the female tag will be against the jaw of the applicator. Slide the male tag over the metal pin. NOTE: Be sure to push it all the way onto the pin. The printed side of the male tag will be against the other jaw of the applicator.
- Make sure the tag is correctly placed. Slowly squeeze the handles together to be sure the male pin aligns with the female opening (be careful to not put the tag together yet).
- Place the ear between the jaws of the applicator. While gripping the ear, quickly and firmly squeeze the handles together until the male tag is inserted through the ear and into the female tag.
See PDF above for correct tag placement.
Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified.
Inserting Tags In Cold Weather
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff) and forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Diane H from Wisconsin
Perfect size for our new born fainters. They go in easily and are easy to read. It was nice to find them in blue and pink so that we can see which are doelings and bucklings.
Larry & Sherry J from Alabama
Worked perfectly! Just the right size for my lambs and the printers filled the tags with the numbers just as I requested so they are easy to read.
These tags are perfect for new lambs. I have tried several types and these are the best. They go on snugly and I can get them in colors like blue and pink and custom numbered. It is the only way I can accurately track the lenage of each lamb.
Deb H from Virginia
These tags are great. Just the right size for newborn lambs. The numbers are large enough to see clearly too. Very happy with them.
Susan R from Virginia
I love these tags for newborn lambs. They get the job done, but don't weigh down the ear. I'll change to the larger tags when the lambs get large enough to support the tags. Always had great success with Premier tags.