Multiwire Springsteel Posts
This springsteel electric fence post from Strainrite® Fencing Systems is a good choice for rotational grazing, strip grazing and other movable fence applications. Stressed posts will flex and then “spring” back into their original shape.
Step-in Multiwire Springsteel Posts have (5) “molded-on” insulators. This allows graziers to keep a consistent conductor height throughout their fences.
Note: in-use photos show the old style of post with non-insulated shaft. Shafts are now plastic coated in event the conductor is released from the clip.
- 35" tall installed; 7.5" below ground.
- 6mm (.24") diameter shaft; shaft is insulated. Shaft “springs” back into position if a person or animal bends the post.
- 5 non-adjustable insulators (clip height from top to bottom: 35", 22.5", 16", 12", 7.5") support most low-tension electric fence conductors.
- Versatile top clip can be used for narrow tape (up to 1.5") or electrified ropes, braids and twines.
- Unique insulator design prevents conductors from being dislodged when moving the fence.
- Manufactured using top-grade galvanized steel and UV-treated plastics.
- Insulated handle (white) prevents accidental shocks when moving the fence.
- Galvanized pressed-formed steel foot for stability and easy insertion.
- Place post at desired location
- Use attached foot to step into the ground
- Attach an electric fence conductor through insulators
These posts are best used as line posts with gentle curves. They are not good to use for sharp corners.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Nate & Tabitha D from Washington
These are worth the price! We appreciate these for the hefty step, the long metal rod that goes into the ground, and the many height options for the clips. Most other step-in posts are plastic and break more easily.
Robert G from Michigan
I'm in love with these step in posts. They were dead simple to install and even the thicker poly wire fit into the slots no problem. They are so much better than the ones you can get at the national chain feed stores and I'm not worried about them breaking even during the coldest days of winter.
Samantha M from Florida
Great quality heavy duty posts. So much better than the locally available posts from the feed store (which have all broken with a few uses).
Ann M from Washington
Springy but solid. I ran 3' electric tape through the top connector and ended up with a teenaged gelding that decided to run through it. He straddled the connector and then backed off and decided it wasn't worth it. No injuries to anyone and the fence stayed in place. I like it! Love these easy to put in supports, we use all over the place to add to our poultry fencing and garden fencing as well as using for single-strand horse fence with electric tape.