Premier 4000s Shearing Machine
Has a high torque, rare-earth, permanent magnet 110 volt motor that glides through dense wool and hair.
Only the most-experienced shearers can push it fast enough to cause it to lose cutter speed.
Premier 4000s Packages include:
- Premier 4000s Shear
- Spirit or Phantom R Comb
- 4 point Spitfire Cutter
- 4 oz bottle of oil
- Instruction manual
- Easier to handle
- Blocking show sheep
- Shearing smaller flocks
- Shearing fiber goats
- Peeling and blocking beef & dairy cattle
- Shearing alpacas and llamas
Use with our combs and cutters.
- 110 volt.
- Quieter. Less motor "whine", kind to your ears and less likely to upset animals.
- Permanent rare-earth magnet motor enable more torque (power) and require less space and weight than ordinary motors.Less heat is produced by the permanent magnet motor and the fan forces air forward through our heads- so the heads run 20 degrees F cooler.
- Up to 20% shorter in length than other motors.
- Weighs up to 15% less than other motors.
- Smaller grip than other motors.
- Sleek, low profile head design (sharp visual look that catches your eye and impresses observers).
- Internal roller bearings instead of bushings (less heat, less wear and greater longevity).
- Suspended fork system (reduces risk of stripping the gear drive or breaking comb teeth).
- No cutter retainer or retaining spring (both caused hassles and broke too readily).
- Improved tensioning concept (spring clip is more effective at retaining tension than cupped washers).
- No more black plastic sides (these were prone to falling off and frustrating users).
- Only 3 minutes to change a shear head to clipper head.
- Motor has a 16 ft electrical cord.
Preparing the Animal for Clipping
- Remove the dirt from the hair first. If this is not done, expect accelerated blade wear and a reduction in animals clipped between blade sharpenings in exact proportion to the amount of dirt present. The benefits of dirt removal prior to clipping cannot be over-emphasized. Example: Those who wash their lambs prior to clipping often clip 20–30 club lambs between sharpenings (if the blades have been sharpened properly on a lapping machine). Those who don’t and have lambs with sand and soil in the wool often clip less than two lambs between sharpenings.
- Washing the animal with soap and water removes the most dirt. If this is not practical, use a high power vacuum or blower to remove as much dirt as possible from the hair or wool.
- Restrain the animal. Few animals like the sound of a clipper or the feel of vibration on their skin. When they react to either without warning, accidents can and will happen. Therefore, for the sake of you, your animal and your clipper, restrain the animal properly prior to clipping.
Failure to oil as often as recommended may lead to excess heat and premature wear and tear.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Cortney L from Pennsylvania
This machine is wonderful. Sheared our whole flock of varying wool types. I was able to operate it continuously without having to stop. Stays cooler than anything I have ever had. I used 5w motor oil and just dip every few minutes. Had to adjust tension a few times as I broke them in which is normal.
Angela O from Illinois
Maybe it us because we dont know what we are doing. The shears did not cut well and they get hot very quickly. If you like stopping every 3 minutes to oil them then these are for you. I give them a 3 because I like Premiere 1. Shears not a huge fan. I may change my mind after a few more sheep, but I am not sure about that. If anyone has any tips for me I am open to them.
William H from Kentucky
The clippers work very well, but they are heavy.
Christopher F from New Hampshire
One Romney sheared and this shearing machine is an A+! Took 3-5 min. Powerful. Stays cool. Reasonable noise level. Easy to adjust.
I cannot too greatly appreciate you folks making a good shearing machine. Clipper-style shears work terribly on sheep, but this product is great.
Allison R from New Hampshire
Have only used them twice and they worked well, even on my sheep with heavy lanolin and my very course Icelandic ram. I was very impressed with the level of care that clearly goes into the packaging. The shears come already set up and ready to go and there is lots of good information and manuals that come with them. The case is nice and heavy duty.