Dura-Top Pigtail Posts
Galvanized pigtail post for semi-permanent or rotationally grazed pastures. Springsteel shaft “springs” back into position if bent over. 33" tall, installed.
- Dura-Top head is designed to reduce tangling and eliminate wear.
- Insulated top handle stops electrical flow down the shaft and can be used to safely adjust posts when the fence is live.
- Add clip-on insulators to increase the number of conductors.
Which pigtail is right for you?We offer several pigtail post options to fit your situation, including different heights and shaft conductivity. Visit this link to compare all pigtail post options.
- 33" tall, installed; 7.5" below ground
- 7mm (.28") diameter shaft; shaft is not electrified. The springsteel shaft is resilient; stressed posts will flex and then “spring” back into their original shape.
- Galvanized steel (pigtail and shaft) construction resists corrosion.
- Dura-Top head resists tangling when carrying multiple posts.
- Insulated handle (white) can be used to safely adjust posts, even when the fence is live. It's thick UV-treated plastic stops electrical flow down the shaft and provides years of use, even in harsh sun.
- Foot is press-formed galvanized steel for stability and easy insertion.
These posts are best used as line posts with gentle curves. They are not good to use for sharp corners.