Hotpost Tangle Free Pigtail Posts
“Live-shaft” pigtail post from Strainrite® Fencing Systems. Same features as the Dura-Top Pigtail, but the shaft is electrified between the top and bottom insulators.
The key benefit of a Hotpost is if a conductor is knocked out of the pigtail or clip-on insulator, contacting the post, the fence is not grounded out. It’s a good choice for graziers whose animals or environment are at high risk for dislodged conductors.
Which pigtail is right for you?We offer several pigtail post options to fit your situation, including different heights and shaft conductivity. Visit this link to compare all pigtail post options.
- Step-in line post ideal for grazing cattle, sheep and goats in temporary or semi-permanent livestock paddocks
- “Live-shaft” is electrified from top handle to bottom insulator; prevents shorts if conductors make contact with the shaft
- Dura-Top head resists tangling when carrying multiple posts
- Insulated handles can be used to safely adjust posts, even when the fence is live
- Galvanized steel construction resists corrosion
- Springsteel shafts are resilient; stressed posts will flex and then “spring” back into their original shape
- Press-formed steel “Goldfoot” for stability and easy insertion
- All plastic insulation has been UV-treated for years of use
In very dry/hard soils, drilling a pilot hole in the ground may be beneficial. You can also wet the soil at the location you plan on using the post to first soften the ground.
These posts are best used as line posts with gentle curves. They are not good to use for sharp corners.