PoultryNet® and PoultryNet® Plus 12/48/3 Electric Netting
- 12 horizontal strands
- 48 in. tall
- Vertical strings every 3 in.
- Posts (built-in) every 10 ft., .60" dia.
- Post spikes (SS or DS): .26" dia., 6" long.
PoultryNet™ Plus 12/48/3 (with extra line posts)
- Identical to PoultryNet, but to help with sagging, we added posts every 6.8 ft (vs. 10 ft for standard PoultryNet). More posts means less sag and a more versatile fence.
PoultryNet™ 12/48/3 (with drivable line posts-DP)
- Drivable posts can be pounded in with a dead-blow hammer or mallet.
- Drivable posts are 0.75" dia. Much stronger and stiffer than normal posts.
- 12.5 ft between posts.
- Brown drive-cap to easily determine which posts are drivable.
- Single spike (only) with a spike stop for support when inserting post.
- Contain and control the movement of chickens, ducks and other poultry.
- Prevent raccoons, coyotes, foxes, dogs, and other predators from killing poultry.
- Rotate poultry to fresh grass as a food source and reduce disease risks.
- Not effective with baby chicks that are small enough to crawl through the net openings and therefore are not deterred by the electric shock.
DurabilityNets last over 10 years if used and stored properly. Its mortal enemy is errant lawn mowers!
The basic "unroll and then unfold" process is the same for all electrified nets. It requires minimal strength/skill and no tools. You will need an energizer to electrify the net.
Extra support posts are useful at corners, curves and ends. Use either step-in posts or FiberRods.
Remember…netting must always be properly electrified! This is a pain barrier, not a physical barrier. A common mistake is not electrifying it. Animals may escape or become entangled (and may die). If animals are scared or starved it will not keep them in. The first time you put the animals in the net, you should be available to watch them for a while. That way if one were to get into the fence and get caught, you can turn the power off and get them loose.
To purchase PoultryNet 48"
- Measure the fence line.
- Choose the length and the amount of netting needed. (Example: A 240 ft fence line requires one 164 ft net and one 82 ft net.)
- Choose either:
- Netting Only—does not contain accessories.
- Net and Energizer Kits.
Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. Warning! Do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting due to risk of fire. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier's website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing.
Dry or frozen ground many cause the NetPost spikes to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed.
FREE shipping on qualified orders over $100!
Listed below are the recommended components that may be needed to build this basic fence. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and speak with our fence consultants at