Goldfoot Springsteel Pigtail Posts
Galvanized springsteel post from Strainrite® Fencing Systems. Thick plastic insulation resists UV exposure. Jumps back into position if a person or animal bends the post over. The 40.5" post offers added height to contain goats, or jumpy cattle and sheep.
Holds one conductor. If additional conductors are needed, clip-on insulators may be added.
Which pigtail is right for you?We offer several pigtail post options to fit your situation, including different heights and shaft conductivity. Visit this link to compare all pigtail post options.
- White pigtail, gray metal shaft
- 33" or 40.5" tall, installed; 7.5" below ground
- Pigtail ring is encased in durable UV-treated plastic
- 7mm (.28") diameter shaft; shaft is not electrified
- Galvanized steel construction resists corrosion
- Springsteel posts “spring” back into position when bent over
- Pigtail ring is encased in durable UV-treated plastic for years of use, even in harsh conditions
- Press-formed steel “Goldfoot” for stability and easy insertion
These posts are best used as line posts with gentle curves. They are not good to use for sharp corners.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Doyle S from Ohio
I spend roughly an hour per day moving polywire for our 600 head. I have been doing it for many years. I think these are the best posts made and I have tried many different ones. Years ago Gallagher sold a lighter version of these and I liked them very much. Now they are heavier and even better and for an excellent price. Basically these are a little nicer than the Gallagher heavy duty and a lot cheaper. I just bought 400 this spring. In my opinion the non-springsteel posts sold at Premeir 1 are the worst post you can buy and these are the best.
Brian L from North Carolina
So far so good...only had about 2 weeks now, but they seem sturdy and well made.
Philip W from Vermont
So far so good. Dramatically better than the prior pigtail.
Thomas P from Washington
I point the ends for ease of use in hard or frozen soil. Excellent posts with strong footplate and good stiffness to resist too much flexing.
Don F from Iowa
Well constructed and the springsteel rod allows applications around curves, etc.