- 5 years probable life
- white/black/white color
- 12 gauge/2.25 mm diameter
- Fair visibility
- Excellent portability
- 41 ohms per 1000 feet
- 240 lb breaking strength
- Tin/copper conductors makes this 400 times more conductive than stainless steel polywires.
- Easy to wind/rewind onto reels.
- Excellent elasticity--space posts up to 35 ft.
- Small diameter enables reels to hold 2000 ft.
- Pre-Wind Option—If you would like one of our conductors pre-wound on a SupaReel see Accessories tab above.
- Attach a terminal insulator to end post.
- Tie end of twine to terminal insulator.
- Unroll twine along the fence line. (Using Premier's reels makes this easier.)
- Insert line posts.
- Insert twine in line posts at the right height(s) for your animals (see below).
- Attach insulators (preferably the Notched PI 21n to corner and end posts.
- Tie twine to terminal insulator at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or leave it on the reel and attach to end post.
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store twine. EzeReels™ can be set on the ground next to fence. MiniReels are best hung from the fence.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer. Check to make sure voltage is over 2000 volts.
- For Sheep: 3-strand fence--35", 24", 12"
- For Cattle: 3-strand fence--40", 27", 15"
- For Horses: 2-strand fence--48", 24"
- For Gardens: 2-strand fence--15", 6"
5-strand fence--36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
2-strand fence--34", 22"
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Windup Systems and AccessoriesItem #238000 -
An effective reel for winding, unwinding and storing conductors. The SupaReel is the strongest fence reel in the US. The only reel rugged enough to carry heavy conductors like steel MaxiShock™ and soft steel wire year in and year out without breaking when they're dropped (as reels often are in field usage).$53.75
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Excellent product and very durable. I use it for strip grazing sheep and it is very portable. Product is much better (more durable and lighter) than similar wire purchased from my feed store. Step-in posts can be spaced at +/- 50' without much sagging.
My second time ordering this. Works very well and is light weight so doesn't sag too much between posts.
Troy O from Western SD
Over the years I have used different brands of polywire with mixed results. This year I started using Intellitwine 2.25. When I test an intellitwine fence, there is almost no difference over a 3700' single strand fence. I have never seen this with any other polywire.
David/ K from iowa
Very workable portable fencing.
Toby or Debby D from KY
After much hard use, some of the Intellitwine I purchased in 2007 is now mostly worn out, six years later! That's a year longer life than I expected. Some of that twine even survived two major ice storms without breaking. Some is still in service and in pretty good shape. Highly visible to our cattle, lightweight enough for a woman to carry around, and hot enough to stop a ton-plus bull in his tracks, as long as it is kept hooked to a good hot charger this product works as advertised. I use it wound onto the mini-reels to divide strip paddocks into daily rations for several different groups of cattle, including some mobs of fifty cows this year. Would like to have mini-reels that are less likely to break, however.