Multi-Strand Fences with Reels
The conductors are stored, unwound and then rewound onto large reels. Steel T, small wood (both insulated) or large FiberRods are used for end and corner posts.
SupaReels™ have a built-in friction brake to provide drag. The brake enables multiple strands to be unrolled at once by walking away from the post assembly while pulling on all strands at the same time.
- Subdividing large pastures to control grazing and reduce trampling.
- Strip-grazing rape, turnips, corn stubble.
- Short-term boundary fences on rented land for pretrained sheep or goats.
- Containing feeder lambs on alfalfa fields (e.g. as in California's Imperial Valley).
- Containing dry does and ewes when food, sexual libido and newly weaned offspring are not an issue.
Points to consider:
Because the wires on reel systems rarely exceed 4 wires, animals (insulated by their hair or wool) can push their heads between the wires if they feel the risk is worth it.
They are less likely to do this if:
- They're pretrained to the "wires."
- They're not starved.
- The energizer and conductor combine to produce a very powerful shock.
Cost: as low as 22¢ per ft
Cost varies because the same reel assembly and energizer is needed whether the fence is short (400 ft) or long (1200 ft). Keep in mind that:
- Reels last for decades.
- Twine may survive up to 5 years.
- Line posts (FiberRods, PigTails posts, etc.) may last 10 or more years.
To installTools: Maul or sledge to drive in the reel post support stake. Fence tester. Time: About the time it takes to walk any distance (e.g. 1000 ft) twice. Skill: Minimal. See additional installation instructions under Diagram & Accessories above.
FREE shipping on qualified orders over $100!
We offer many fences to fit your situation, including different heights and lengths, multiple colors, drivable posts and positive/negative options for dry soils. Questions? Call our fence consultants at
Windup Systems and AccessoriesItem #238000 -
Effective for winding, unwinding and storing conductors. The SupaReel is the strongest fence reel in the US.$62.00